October 18, 2010

rooting for all of you..

So today I read an uplifting list that my fabulous sister-in-law blogged about a day or so ago and I loved it so much I had to share a favorite part as well.  The list comes from the book Prudent Advice: Lessons for My Baby Daughter (A Life List for Every Woman) and the rest of the book looks absolutely darling that I just might have to buy it on amazon.  


I need this book.
Amongst many wonderful things I read in the list my sister-in-law highlighted, one of my favorites said this:


Root for other people:
"We all tend to envy other people's successes. It's not intentional; somewhere in our DNA it seems to be programmed that for every success for someone else, there is one less success for us. For every book published, there is one less book we will publish; for every baby had, there is one less baby for us to have. Of course, that is illogical. Fight off those thoughts; there is an unlimited amount of potential for everyone in this universe. Championing others is kind, and even more, it's a display of optimism that will seep into you and color your view of this life."  
-Jaime Morrison Curtis


Isn't that fantastic? How easy is it for all of us to sometimes get down on ourselves because we compare ourselves to other people's greatness. Instead shouldn't we focus on celebrating each other's greatness and creating our own?  
So here's to celebrating all you great people out there. I admire all of you.  Some of you are brainiacs getting your masters degree, while others are the wittiest and most clever writers I know.  And others take stellar pictures or make the cutest crafts that Martha Stewart herself would be jealous of.  Some of you have the most precious babies, hot husbands, and a closet full of fab clothes that naturally I'd be super jealous of, but instead I am rooting for all of you who are doing great and beautiful things in your own unique way, and am glad to call you friends (or people I'd like to know on my blog subscription list).  
Who are you rooting for?

4 comments:

Kat said...

I love you kellee. What a great reminder to all of us! I love this. It goes in line with what I've been thinking and feeling lately! Wish everyone thought like this!

Mary Martha said...

I'm rooting for the big hair!

Annie said...

very fitting kel, that you, the person who knows how to root people on better than anyone, should post this. i love it.

Christy said...

I'm rooting for YOU!
I had a co-worker who was such a great example of this. She left compliments everywhere she went, and always made me feel so good. I don't think there was a jealous bone in her body. She just loved, and was loved in return.