October 13, 2010

ms. mom

So my mom has been gone for 3 weeks which means in the meantime I have taken over the role of commander-in-chief and been playing mom. thankfully she gets back in 6 days and you better believe there will be a celebration like no other when she returns. Between taking my siblings to school and swim in the morning (pretty sure swim is at 530 AM, tell me about it), driving them all over town, and feeding them, I have been ready to surrender the white flag to motherhood.  I promise I love my siblings and like to help, but all this mom stuff wears me out.  It doesn't help either that I have caught a terrible cold that does not seem to want to go away, although you'd think with all the water I'm consuming I would have drowned it out by now. not so. Well luckily things have gone just about as smoothly as you could ask for. No accidents, no dropping grades (as far as I know...), no house fires, and the kids even have clean clothes and a mostly tidy house to come home too.  boo-ya. but now I think we are all ready for mom to regain her rightful throne and get this ship back in to tip-top shape.  I've always appreciated my mom but my appreciation has increased ten-fold since I've taken over for her.. and that appreciation extends out to all you other mothers, both new and seasoned, out there. It's tough stuff and you deserve a shout out not just on mother's day. So here's to you moms (especially mine) for being selfless in everything you do and doing A+ work for the noblest job out there. here's to moms.

speaking of moms.. this is a picture of my baby neice, ava.  she is clearly very precious and has an awesome mom who takes great pics and makes the most precious stuff for her. 

No comments: