October 19, 2010

FILM: babies

notice the caption: "everybody loves babies"
why yes we do.

Well it's no doubt that the documentary Babies was a film that would interest me- anyone who knows me knows that I am kind of obsessed with the little guys.  So I finally got the chance to see this film a couple nights ago and I of course loved it. Surprisingly enough the movie is all about babies. 4 of them.  They are all born about the same time but in different places (San Francisco, Namibia, Japan, and Mongolia) and in completely different circumstances.  There is really not a lot of dialogue in the film (why would there be, babies can't talk) but I was kept interested regardless.  Not only were the babies absolutely precious, but it was interesting to watch them grow and see them develop.  Sure I could probably come up with a deeper analysis and talk to you about a compare and contrast of the babies upbringing but ultimately it's just a cute film about babies growing up.  What's not to love about that? nothing, I tell you. So if you love babies and have 1 hour and 19 min of time to spare, than this might be a fun choice. 

CAUTION: it may make you baby hungry, so for any young [married] couple out there not ready to have a baby, proceed with caution. you can't say I didn't warn you... 

p.s. speaking of babies... how cute is my niece?!?! I'm such a proud aunt.

pic taken by her mom from her blog- but had to share it!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

i actually watched this on sunday.
i was mesmerized, i loved it, but then again i have two kids. soo..

Brandon and Katie said...

ive been wanting to see this! where'd you see it? if youre so obsessed with the little guys, come see mine for heavens sake! :) love you

Jared and Lauren said...

I have been wanting to see this! Thanks for reminding me! Ava is so cute!

Mary Martha said...

i want to see it so bad. i'm glad you recomended it. whew! love ya deary