November 18, 2010

les miserables + deathly hallows



Can we talk about how great this musical/book is?  So last night Harold and I (and friends) went and saw the live concert production of Les Miserables.  Last night was the 25th anniversary of the play and they were hosting a special live production from London sent out to theaters across the nation.  It was more of a concert of all the characters singing all the songs than the actual play.  They still went through the whole story and had some minimal acting- but all-in-all it was all about the music - which is absolutely fine by me.  The music is spectacular and can bring tears every time. Our Jean Valjean was fantastic- his rendition of Bring Him Home was unreal.  Of course seeing the actual play live on the second row is tough to beat (did that when I was on my London study abroad) but we still thoroughly enjoyed the concert.  At the end they brought out the original 1985 cast for the musical and had them sing a few songs.  Yeah, the original Jean Valjean sung Bring Him Home again. double whammy.  They also brought out the writers of the play as well as the producer.  Hats off to them. If you  haven't got the chance to see Les Miserables, than I suggest you go.. and if you are from Utah, I hear it is coming to the Capitol Theatre this May.  You better believe I'll be going to that.

In London back in 2007. I need to go back.

Also, Harry Potter 7 comes out tonight and I couldn't be more excited.  You better believe I am going to the midnight showing, will be dressing up, and will be extremely tired the next day at work- but all worth it for the HP.  Luckily this is only part 1 and this wont be my last day of attending opening night of something HP related. Maybe they should create a Harry Potter musical.  How great would that be? Combining like two of my favorite things.. could it get any better? I submit that it could not.  Call me crazy, call me weird, call me whatever, but I'll be an Harry Potter fan for life.  This post explains it all.

aren't these movie posters awesome? and Helena Bonham Carter makes an amazing Bellatrix. even though I hate Bellatrix. RIP sirius.

3 comments:

Kat said...

don't worry, I'm going to London for you... in...26 days to be exact. :) We wanna see a play when we are there but we're not sure since we'll have a missionary with us. We'll see what her mission pres says. I LOVE les mis and I wish I had known about the concert, I would have loved to go!

Michelle and Brady said...

I want to go to london again... I loved it their! me and kip will go right???

katie beth said...

i agree with you... you NEED to come back to london. also... i just need to give credit where credit is due. i went to HP this last week and enjoyed it very much. i accredit all my love of harry to you and your insistence that i buy book one that one day in whitby, england back in 2007. so thank you kellee marie, for instilling in me a wonderful passion for wizardry. my life will never be the same. can't wait to see you over christmas... hope you had a great thanksgiving in louisiana!