November 16, 2010

birthdays in louisiana

Last weekend I went to Louisiana with Harold to attend his Grandma's 85th birthday.  She is the classiest lady and looks absolutely fabulous for her age- a true southern belle.  It was a short trip- got in friday night and left sunday evening, but still enough time to have some fun.  The luncheon for her birthday turned out great and there was even an after party- Harold's little nephew turned 2 and we celebrated with a little party after the luncheon.  A day of birthdays- which as some of you might know is a great day since I love birthdays so much.

Mary Martha (Harold's sister) took some great pics on the trip and here is one of my faves from the luncheon.

the little boy is harold's nephew - cutest little guy
Needless to say it was a great trip- I even got to see the small country town where Harold was born and spent the first 9 years of his little boyhood adventurous life. I think like 100 people live there and there are these really cute, old white churches- we're talking pre-civil war here.  They are like the ones you read about in books or hear about in country songs. precious.

But turns out this short trip wasn't enough for us- Harold and I are actually going back to Louisiana for Thanksgiving- and going early to visit Baton Rouge and New Orleans first. So excited!

2 comments:

Mary Martha said...

beautiful little boy & beautiful couple.

Shelby said...

JEALOUS!! you'll get to meet my fam. i already told my mom how cool/awesome/fantastic you are. haha. HAVE FUN!!