January 3, 2011

hello 2011.

More pics! I'm really doing great at this whole taking pictures thing with my new camera.  I just hope I don't get carried away and become like my study abroad self- that was out of control.  I think some of you know what I'm talking about.  Anyways here are some pics from NYE (new year's eve) festivities.  I'll let the captions do the talking:

At Tucanos for lunch with friends (one of the friends is moving away)

besties.

getting ready to go out for NYE. how handsome is he in that cowboy hat??
dinner at a yummy place in SLC called The Copper Onion. we recommend it.


 some call us twins.. what do you think?


there's a funny story to this. so I wasn't exactly thinking about spending much time outside in the cold when putting on my NYE getup- hence the reason I chose a pair of heels over some warm boots and socks.  I liked to get dressed up sometimes and tonight was one of those nights.  Well turns out we decided to go to EVE, a party that SLC was throwing downtown where they closed off the road and have free concerts, entertainment, live snowboarding/skiing tricks, and fireworks.  Well thankfully they had indoor events because after walking around for 5 minutes my no-socks-feet were fuh-reezing. We went inside for the indoor concert and Harold made this clever wrap out of his scarf and warmed up one foot while he rubbed the other one warm. and look at him up there, happy as ever to do it! looks like i'm not the only inventor.. right sarah?

more pics while warming up

Rather than stand out in the cold again we decided to go back to Harold's car and watch the fireworks from there.  Luckily we had a great spot and view of the fireworks.  We brought in the new year in a nice warm car, some music and front row view of the fireworks (and a new year's kiss! a first for me.. must be a good omen for 2011)
  Hellloooo 2011!

6 comments:

Kevin and Heather said...

Kellee...I just read about this the other day but there is a tale that says that on New Years Eve you should kiss the person you want to keep on kissing :) My only New Years kiss was Kevin (which just happen to be at your house 2 years ago ha) and look at us now ;) Love you

Kat said...

lovely!! you two are super cute together.

Cason and Marie said...

You guys are cute!!!! Love the red lipstick...

Looks like you found yourself a good one! If he'll rub your feet, he's a keeper!! :)

Mary Martha said...

Nice Lu Lu pants. Glad they made the new years eve wardrobe. Were back in provo. Might have to c u soon.

adam and jess said...

twins, yes. looks like you had a great start to the year!

Brad and Kimberly said...

love the excessive blogging!