January 10, 2011

come to my birthday party, I'll make you a match.

This is me and my cousin Nicole.

 

Nicole came to my birthday party last year.
as did my best guy friend from high school, Tyler.
They met at the party and started talking.
They flirted.
and basically went googly-eyed over eachother.
Later that night they both (at separate times) told me they thought the other was pretty darn cute.
my little matchmaking head got all sorts of ideas.
so I swapped some numbers and talked each other up.
soon one contacted the other.
and a date was set.
and then another.
and another.
and then a lot more texting, calling, talking, dating, hugging, kissing, and some serious talking.
that brought them to this point:
ENGAGED.
yep, my best guy friend in high school is marrying my cousin.
couldn't be happier.
this, my friends, is a small world.


the happy couple.
(you're welcome guys)


p.s. for the record, they are the SECOND couple to be getting married after meeting at my (and Mandi's) birthday party. just sayin. FYI, my birthday is coming up soon... 

7 comments:

Mary Martha said...

that's so cool. when's the next bday party? ps. I have a pair of shoes from london that are too small for my feet that i know i have to give you even though i want them. They are your size and they are by my door. come by and get them dear.

Erica Tanner said...

so weird by the way you just said that...like now that you say it that way that tyler was your best friend and then your cousin marrying him! that'd be crazy if i were you! but happy!! but now you get your friend forever at family gatherings!

Matt and Kristen said...

I was at that party. I'm still single. What went wrong?!?!

Tyler + Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler + Nicole said...

Yay :) I like this post. p.s. it wasn't last year we met it was the year before that cousin but its ok....its the match making skills that mattered in this event. love you! xoxo

Tyler + Nicole said...

AND thank you :)

Sarah Orme said...

I'm with K on this one....