January 6, 2011

candy shoppe for life

Had dinner with these girls last night.  The candy shoppers were reunited. I'd say we've done a pretty good job at keeping in touch since the sad day of moving out of provo's best house, the candy shoppe. Some of you are probably thinking right now that we are a little too obsessed with this whole "candy shoppe" thing and each other- but if you lived there too, you'd understand. The year of the candy shoppe was a year I'll never forget.


kellee, rebbie, sarah, mandi, kylie, maryjane
here's to the cutest little house south of campus, to world's best couch, to 6 girls that needed each other that year, and to being friends for life. here's to the candy shoppe.


(and here's to JK Rowling for her brilliance with words):
"I am nearly finished. I have one last hope for you, which is something that I already had at 21. The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. They are my children’s godparents, the people to whom I’ve been able to turn in times of trouble, people who have been kind enough not to sue me when I took their names for Death Eaters. At our graduation we were bound by enormous affection, by our shared experience of a time that could never come again, and, of course, by the knowledge that we held certain photographic evidence that would be exceptionally valuable if any of us ran for Prime Minister."
-JK Rowling, Harvard Commencement Speech

5 comments:

Sarah Orme said...

I'm not pregnant....it's just my coat.

promise.

Kylie Whiting said...

i love yao

Michelle and Brady said...

Oh my little kidlest!!! cute picture!!!

REBBIE said...

i love you. i love smashburger. i love jk rowling. i love that speech.

I LOVE THE CS!!!

mandi winterton said...

i love this post.
i love that we needed one-another so much.
and i love all the cs'ers.