April 13, 2009

sweet tooth.


I have a problem. I am obsessed with sweets.

Yesterday, (happy easter) I ate so many treats that I got a canker sore. This is not the first time I have gotten a canker sore from consuming too much sugar. Even now as I am typing I am chewing on some candy, even with my not-all-the-way healed canker sore. At this rate I'll have it for awhile.  

I don't know what it is but I am constantly craving sweets. After every meal I feel that I deserve a treat.  This mentality really started in London where I devoured treats constantly.  (Mind you this was after I ate the 3 baguettes for dinner, now you know why everyone gains weight in London)  In London there were so many new places to try and all new sweets to taste.  Let's just say they make our chocolate seem like tasteless wax compared to their creamy delights. Between Hummingbird cupcakes, galaxy chocolate bars, M & S percy pigs, and waffles at the waffle stand I turned into a sweet-a-holic.  Each day was a new day to eat treats and to find new places that had treats for me to try. treats treats treats. I loved (and still do) treats.

I recently tried to lessen my consumption by making it a lent decision.  No, I wasn't like most people who gave up sugar completely for lent, I was just giving up multiple amounts of sugar each day.  My goal was committed to just eating one treat a day.  That lasted about a week.  (I also tried doing that in london- joke was on me cuz it lasted a day)  I'm not the best at self control when it involves sugar, or the lack thereof.

It's obvious that I have an addiction. Some girls are addicted to diet coke, and some, such as myself, are addicted to sweets.  Not sure what I can do to help this addiction, but quite frankly not sure if I even want to. 

I'm a sugary fiend.

11 comments:

The Tay-Hoo Kid said...

It probably does not help that I am so dang sweet as well.I apologize for being so gosh dang addictive and delightful.

Your friend in the struggle,
Michael William Ellis IV

Unknown said...

Who would of thought that you were obsessed with sweets...you are what you eat!

*wink.

Becca said...

I am right there with you! After every meal I say, "hm, what kind of treat should I eat?" But I've come to the conclusion that sweets are good for a person mentally and emotionally :)

Brad and Kimberly said...

Kellee I share in your addiction. Right now I am trying not to consume my entire bag of cadbury minis which are the closest we americans get to good chocolate. Do you realize that you get to see me in less than two weeks? How can you handle the excitement?

Sarah Orme said...

jokes on you...haha

hey, did you know that i'm your biggest fan?

lets eat treats together forever.

double stuffed oreo's anyone?

Britt Linde said...

I just so happen to be one of those Diet Coke addicts you speak of. But at least we can admit it.

Admitting it is the first step, after all.

I see no problem being addicted to Diet Coke.

You are to sweets as I am to Diet Coke.

Jenny said...

As I read this post I thought of you consuming those jelly candies from london. Kellee loves treats, she can eat them all day long, and she can sleep anywhere.

Kat said...

I am ALWAYS asking Travis for a "sweet treat" after dinner. Whether it be a creme slush from sonic or a McDonald's ice cream cone, I always want a treat after dinner! Travis has a worse sweet tooth than me though, he's always munching on candy. Yet he has no cavities! I have like 20. Ugh! And I take better care of my teeth!

Rebecca Ann Groesbeck said...

hey..maybe it's because you're about to live in the CANDY SHOPPE!!! wahoo.
if only we could all eat gallons of sugar and still look like supermodels kel :)

Mike said...

forget the calories... think of the poor child who had to pick the sugar cane.

Don't you LOVE CHILDREN though? See, sweets aren't all bad.. they taste good, and they teach children how to work. Perfect!

heather telford photography said...

Im always the lady with candy in her purse!! Its a necessity!! :)