December 2, 2008

thankful for..

MERRY: Thanksgiving. Well I hope like me, everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. I spent the week in St. George with my family and grandparents that live there. It was a fun, relaxing week in the george. We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and on Friday we took a girls only trip to Vegas and spent the day shopping. It was great, although I probably spent too much. Dang those good sales.

Well in the spirit of Thanksgiving and being thankful I would just like to express my attitude of gratitude towards things that make my life merry & happy. My family and friends have been most significant in my life and I am thankful for them everyday. I am thankful for a lot of things.. for moms who always know the right thing to say. For dads with great counsel. For brothers who tease and make me tougher. For friends who always listen and make me laugh. For sisters that can relate to the life of being a girl. For school that fills my brain with knowledge. For books that make me think and imagine. For the gospel that is my life and points me in the right direction. For a job that pays my rent, tuition, food, and other expenses. For limbs that let me dance, exercise, and feel. For a heart that can have and share love. For the sunshine. For rain. For this world, that even though there is much confusion in it today, there are always moments of goodness around. I'm thankful for happiness, which comes from each of these things and many others. When in the right perspective, happiness is all around us.

2 comments:

The Tay-Hoo Kid said...

..for mikey

heather telford photography said...

I am thankful for Kellie, Heather and Sarah for watching my little gib while i was at the temple!!
Thanks again!!