November 20, 2008

good read.


HAPPY: finishing a book. It feels so good to finish that last page of a book, set it down, and sit a think about everything you just read. I just recently finished the book The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. It is a memoir of her life. Really interesting life and it opens up many new perspectives on certain things. I don't want to say to much because I don't want to spoil it. I definitely recommend it. I'm not sure which book I'm going to start next. Perhaps the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis or if my book club gets going, The Poisonwood Bible by Barabara Kingsolver. Either way I love reading books.

5 comments:

Brad and Kimberly said...

No way! This book was not my favorite. I felt way to separated from the main character. Interesting yes, but ultimatly very frustrating. You should read My sister's keeper by Jodi Picolt. AMAZING! Or read The Last Lecture which is totally uplifting. I just finish a Brave New World which was interesting, but very wierd and very slow

Rebecca Ann Groesbeck said...

READ SCREWTAPE LETTERS NOW!!!! changed my life. loves!

Christy said...

Oh I loved that book too. In fact I recommended it for our next book club read. I've read the Poisonwood Bible and the Screwtape Letters, and I liked them both a whole lotta lotta.

JordanGuy said...

Glass castle? Sounds like a metaphor for something way deeper than I could ever understand. If there was a real glass castle though, that would just be crazy. I'm reading catcher in the rye and you might like it, but I'd go with Screwtape for sure.

Cason and Marie said...

your missionary gets home soon...hehe. I love ya Kell and miss you!! Wish I loved reading as much as you.