July 7, 2011

bora bora

So remember that scene in parent trap (the one with lindsay lohan when she was still sweet and innocent) where she tells Jesse that she was on the phone with her friend who was vacationing with her family in bora bora? Maybe not. Well I remember as a kid watching that and thinking, "is bora bora a real place and if so, where is it?" and for whatever reason I have always remembered that scene/thought. So when Harold surprised me for our honeymoon on a trip to Bora Bora, I was ecstatic and past thoughts of "I wonder where that is" came to mind.  Well for those wondering, Bora Bora is part of the French Polynesian islands and right next to Tahiti. And lemme tell ya, the place is a dream.  I've been to many beach places but none come close to this paradise of a place.  I'd like to say I'll let the pictures do the talking but even then they dont do it justice. It was a week of pure bliss and I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon.

Now onto the part you've been waiting for.. the pictures:

Before heading to Bora Bora we spent a couple nights in Park City after our wedding.  It was a great time but on the day we were leaving it started to SNOW.  We were glad we were heading to warmer climates!
At the airport ready to go
they greeted us with real flower leis at the airport in bora bora 
Our first view of the place
We had to ride a boat to get to our resort
After being on 3 different planes and a boat ride we have finally arrived to paradise. worth every leg of travel. Those are the cabanas we stayed at in the background
We stayed in these little cabanas over the water and that mountain was our view.  Me in front of our Cabana. 
harold on the catwalk


The cabanas are there in the distance over the water and there is a big walkway that connects it to land where the resort is.  Here there is a nice beach, pool, spa, 2 restaurants, and a bunch of other great amenities

We went to this popular restaurant that a bunch of famous people have eaten at.. Not expensive just a fun place where the entire floor is sand and they have a bunch of cubbies at the entrance where you put your shoes.
  Harold makes a friend
Every other night they created a "beach lounge" and set up comfy beach furniture and played live music.  The guy was great and played american cover songs. right behind us is one of the restaurants so you could eat and listen too.

At the other restaurant they had polynesia dance show one night.  They called some people from the crowd and I happened to be one of the "lucky" ones that got called to go up there and dance.  I tried to copy his moves but this tall, lanky body doesnt flow as easy as his...
Taking the classic tourist pic with the dancers
we spent a lot of time by the pool
and lots of time reading.. I read 3 books while on our honeymoon
Harold was actually really good at this.. did jsut as good if not better than the guy teaching him
a peek in our room.. our bed faced this giant window that looked out into the water- I took a diagonal view so you could sort of see our back deck connected to our place
In the other room it had this coffee table that was a big see-through box that you could see down to the water.  At night you could turn on lights to see if you could see any fish.  We saw a few but not a lot























Our cabanas had its own little private dock attached where we could jump off and swim around as well as lounge chairs to lay out
this handsome fella looooves being in the water.  It's nice and warm just like the Louisiana bayous he's used to.
Paradise.

Here's a (big) handful of pics from our honeymoon.  I felt so lucky and appreciative to go to such an amazing place.  It was so romantic and relaxing, (not to mention I couldn't ask for better company.) Just looking at these pics makes me want to go back.. maybe a 10 year anniversary?! (hint hint dearest husband..)


"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so i never have to live without you." -AA Milne

13 comments:

adam and jess said...

AH-MAZING! wow that looks like heaven! let's all go there for our annual january friends trip! beautiful place, beautiful kellee! love and miss you friend!

Emily Frame said...

bora freaking bora. nice work harold!

Kat said...

you've got to be kidding me. This is totally my idea of paradise! I want to go to there!! I love these pictures, it looks amazing. I love you guys!!

Heather and Taylor said...

Kellee!! These are amazing!! Looks like you had a blast. xo

TODD + ANNIE said...

WOWWWW.....is all I can say! You look like the Bachelorette in her final destination!!!! So great! And I totally remember that line from Parent Trap, ha ha!!

adam and jess said...

p.s. i just showed my mom these pictures and she said her and my dad stayed at the same place when they went to bora bora. that blue water is unreal!

Mary Martha said...

these are such great pics! It's even more of a dream than I could have imagined. Love it! Congrats dear. So happy for you two. What a great memory you can relive the rest of your marriage.

Becca said...

Hm. I don't think I could be any more jealous of you right now. I WILL go there some day!

Cason and Marie said...

AMAZING!!!!! what a dreamy honeymoon. you are gorgeous! Please tell where you got your dress! Love!

Erica Tanner said...

JEALOUS>>>>.....and heck yes I remember that scene from that movie. I believe ashley and I once watched the Parent Trap 3 times in a row! complete row. one of those friday nights. I even remember the tone of lindsay lohan's voice when she says, "in...Bora Bora". Then Jesse says, "Well that makes perfect sense..seeing as..." and she goes on saying how the time zones are totally retarded that she would call her at that time. ok done. haha.

mandi winterton said...

Kell. amazing pics. and can i just say FEDORA! such a pretty group of pics but you don't get some pics of your apt up on this blog soon you can't come to my wedding. HA! i want to know what it is like in Pensacola and i can't get myself out there just yet. pics please.

Shelby said...

Wow!!! That is AWESOME! The water there is even more blue than it is in Hawaii! Next stop: Oahu!

HAPPY FOR YOU :)

REBBIE said...

I keep waiting for Chris Harrison to jump out.