July 28, 2011

I'm back.

Guess who's back in Utah?!? that's right, this gal. I came back for a friend's wedding and a family reunion trip to Lake Powell.  Unfortunately my man couldn't come but he was wonderfully supportive about me coming back and enjoying family and friends, and did I mention for TWO weeks.  Yes I have left my dear hubs for 2 weeks, poor guy.  Anyways I have tried to take a handful of photos to document what I have been doing while I have been here so far- Plus I've been really enjoying the little instagram app that has taken the blogosphere by force- I know I know, it's old news for most of you but I have been having a fun time with it. So here's a little iphone/instagram dump for ya..

I arrived on my sister's 16th birthday.. some kids get cars for their birthday but this gal wanted this darling beach cruisin' bike.. you can't tell but it's got these cute little red flower details on the bike

The next day one of my best friends got married... the beautiful Mandi Winterton to the handsome Quinn Beisinger.  You can't tell in the pic but both these lovelies have AMAZING hair-  their kids are going to have rockin' do's.

the happy couple.. I love seeing them right after they come out of the temple.. so blissful!

It was my first time coming back to the SLC temple after Harold and I got married. It was great to be at my friend's wedding and remember my special day as well.  Such wonderful feelings here.


Got to be reunited with some friends at the wedding festivities and had such a good time being with them.  Harold and I don't exactly have a lot of friends in Florida yet (unless you count the missionaries that live in the same apartment complex as us) so I was especially ecstatic to hang with my pals. 


I also got to meet this handsome little fella for the first time, little Ezra Paul Cook (My newest newphew- more on him later..)


..and of course hanging out with the other little guys.  My nephew Beckham has the chubbiest thighs I've ever seen. He's absolutely adorable and completely squeezable.

I took these cute boys (brothers to the above chubby baby) and the little princess below to the new Winnie the Pooh movie. Precious movie- (although at times the little ones thought it was funner to run up and down the aisles of the movie theater..)


Got to enjoy a nice outdoor sunday dinner with my big family.  Harold and I talk about how it is one of the things we miss most about being away from Utah. 


Also got to meet up with some other friends who are recent, fellow newlyweds. And not to mention indulge in some yummy yogurtland.. havent been to/found any good frozen yogurt shops in P-Cola yet so this was a nice treat.

..And this random picture shows our preparation for Lake Powell this Saturday.  Big family reunion = a lot of food. and soda. 

That's about sums up what I have been up to so far.. wedding festivities, friends, babies and family- couldn't ask for a better combo.  Looking forward to Powell this weekend and then back home to my man that I've missed.


"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
-AA Milne



-[the official] Mrs. Abell (got my license and social security card changes this week- took about a whopping 30 minutes or so to do both- not sure what the fuss is all about..)


4 comments:

Annie said...

KEL!! I miss you and am so sad I couldn't be there for your visit. Looks like so much fun and Mand looks beautiful! love you!

Kat said...

YAY! so excited for lake powell. see you tomorrow!

Ben, Hannah, & Baby Jane said...

Let's be honest, you do have friends in Florida, we are just 10 hours away from each other. Florida is stupid for this very reason! Please come visit us!

brynne frei said...

hiiii kelle! i'm just creeping your blog. i'm mostly positive i've kept this creeping to myself but i think you were the most beautiful bride and cannot get enough of your dress. just thought i'd let you know.

second item of business: reading your blog makes me feel nice because it feels similar to what we're doing on the other side of the country in CA. we're working on the friend department but definitely have the missionaries on our side. hope the beach days and adventuring in your part of the world is fun!