July 13, 2011

Wedding Party in Louisiana

  I know I am late on all these pics but better late than never.. right?  After our honeymoon we had wedding party in Louisiana that my wonderful new in-laws threw at their house. It was such a good time and I was so happy to be able to wear my wedding dress again!  Pics are complimentary of my sisters- Megan and my new one Mary Martha..

happy to be wearing my dress again
I just love the back.
My  new darling nephews- have you ever seen cuter lil boy outfits?! yes their initials are monogrammed on front

Yes, this cake is as good as it looks

Us and part of my family
My wonderful new family


They love uncle Harold
Such a wonderful party.
After the party we left the next day for New Orleans with my family. They had never been but I was more than happy to go back- especially for those beignets..


We started with a really nice dinner.. If you don't know already the food in New Orleans is real good. Famous for its food in fact
Walking around the French Quarter at night
Harold's signature "nantucket red" pants. I think I fell in love with him in these pants..

next day we went to an amazing brunch place, Brennans
Next we went on the carriage ride around the french quarter.. I love architecture and it is indeed french looking 
and of course it wouldn't be a trip without stopping at cafe du monde for some of their deliciosu beignets. They are covered with a lot of powder and it gest everywhere..

One of my favorite things to do here is take the trolley down St. Charles street and see all the amazing houses

a cute little pink number
and how about the violet one.. 
When I was a kid I had always wished my house had 3 floors for some reason.. 
Not only are the houses amazing but so are the big trees..
That's the great Mississippi river behind us- super full, it's not normally that high up to the ground

Between the wedding party in Monroe to the after party in New Orleans, it was another great trip down south.  And speaking of the south, we're doing good down here in Pensacola- an update on our life here soon!

9 comments:

Erica Tanner said...

update=needed. and love the little boys outfit! i love the cute southern style.

Mary Martha said...

I laughed so hard at the pic of me on the trolly. I believe I was on one at that particular time. Do u recall?

Kat said...

Love it!! These are great pictures. Miss you!

Unknown said...

What an awesome honey moon! Could Bora Bora get any more romantic? Every picture looks like a post card. You two are adorable! You are already world travelers. I love all of your pictures. You are gorgeous and look stunning in your wedding dress!

Megan Marie said...

ohhh tan and i read your post last night of bora bora and lets just say i was mad/jealous/ happy for you at all once. oh it is breath taking. i couldn't even comment on it last night cause i was literally blown away. haha! you both are so cute together. i hope you're enjoying being a newly wed...it passes so fast. xo

Christy said...

I miss Kelleeeee! (And Harold too). Baby Ezra and little Ava miss you too.

Inspector Clouseau said...

Beautiful shots. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Cason and Marie said...

You are gorgeous!! i am so sad I missed your wedding. It seemed like such a party! And it was gorgeous too!

Chelsea Williamson said...

kel - these pictures are awesome. i didn't know your husband was from lousiana. that is where my dad is from - and you can't go to new orleans without going to cafe du monde and eating beignets...its just perf.