August 17, 2009

my first niece:

miss AVA GRACE COOK

Well I finally have a niece and while she may still be very tiny, she is absolutely precious and perfect in every way. Little miss ava was born on August 13, 2009, about 6 weeks early. She is very small- weighing a mere 3 lbs and 6 oz. and has a skinny, delicate little body. Her arms and legs are quite long but very skinny. Even at her young age she is breathing by herself which is really good news. She will have to be in the hospital for a bit longer so the incubator can help her tiny body grow to its normal newborn size but is doing well with all the tubes and lights. I have not been able to hold her yet but even just looking at her I can tell that she is beautiful and precious in every way. I can't wait to spoil her with candy and bows and anything that will make me the favorite aunt.


This is right after she was born- and apparently coming out with lipstick on. Look at those darling little red lips!

This will help show how tiny she really is. Grandpa's hand right next to her teensy body.

Again, grandpa's finger showing how small her little foot is.

I am so happy to see this new little girl come and finally have a niece. Congratulations to my brother and sister in law for having such a beautiful baby girl.

3 comments:

Emily Frame said...

so wittle! so cute!

that movie got to me too... who hasn't been on the end of that excuse?

Brad and Kimberly said...

so so cute! I can't wait to have one of my own, a niece that is, not a child!

Annie said...

exciting! her ruby lips are so cute.