February 25, 2009

FRANKENSTEIN.


MERRY: finishing a book. So i just finished the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Very interesting read and I would definitely recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised by the book and turns out the monster is not exactly like the commercialized, green-skinned, stitched-head monster that a lot of us probably assume. Read the book to find out the REAL story of Frankenstein.

p.s. quick art lesson of the day: the painting on this book cover is called An Experiment on a Bird in the Air Pump done by Joseph Wright of Derby. The painting is held in the National Gallery of London and I have seen it in real life- (which is why I chose this book cover).

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

You London groupies and your art. I think I had completely forgotten about Frankenstein as a classic literary work. Looks like I have a new seasonal read come October.