January 23, 2009

peace. love. san francisco.


MERRY: spending a weekend in San Francisco with my girl friends. Well I think it is safe to say that going to San Fran for the weekend was the best idea/road trip ever. A little strong you might think to make such a bold statement but we were speaking in hyperboles all weekend so it works.

The trip started off with the 11+ hour drive, which went over surprisingly well. We almost got pulled over by a cop, he flashed his lights right behind us, but then kindly passed us and did nothing. We then later ran over a bucket that flew out of someones car-Jenny handled the car well and no damage done. We made it through the crazy, hilly streets and found Jimmy's house with ease. '09 is obviously our year.

Well the next few days went great. Here's a quick synopsis of what we did:
Haight & Ashbury street: hippies. tie-die. peace. I also found some cute clothes at a little boutique for my birthday.
Drove, drove, drove: I could spend hours just driving around the city looking at all the amazing houses and architecture.
Art exhibit: monsters eating kids... guess you had to be there.
Union square: palestine protest. H&M. DSW's.
The stinking rose restaurant: garlic anyone? free meal.
Walking around the city at night: canoli's. chinatown. falling in love with the city every step of the way.
Lookout point: can't remember the specific name but highest overlook in S.F.
Presidio: yummy breakfast. beautiful scenery. wish I were riding a bike.
Golden Gate Bridge: a must. very windy.
Church: great ward. showed up late. talk was on how we shouldn't be late. dangit.
Pier 39: SEALS!!! break dancers. seafood (bbq chicken sandwich for me). lame-o fire dancer guy. jenny loses phone.
Best park ever: jenny realizes her phone was in her sleeve the whole time. played at the most amazing park ever. (another true hyperbole)
Beach: beautiful. cold water. walking on smooth sand. never want to leave.

Once again, '09 is our year.

Well that was a basic overview of our trip. It was an amazing time. Thanks to the wonderful city of San Francisco, the hospitality of Jimmy and his roommates for letting us stay at their place and show us around, the great jokes (even if I was the butt of them), the SUNNY, warm weather, and the memories. There is a chance I could do my advertising internship here in SF and after this trip I am seriously considering it. I loved it so much.

6 comments:

Matt Gill said...

I am so jealous that you went to San Francisco.

REBBIE said...

kellll this sounds so fun! i miss you, why haven't i seen more of you? let's change that.

betsy b said...

kellee...
you have become one of my favorite bloggers!

i love the full house pic.

Cason and Marie said...

glad you guys had fun! Let's see some pictures. Love the new header.

Emily Frame said...

found ya! i'm so jealous you went to San fran... a few of us are going again in March or April-- you should come!

Kate said...

I LOVE San Francisco! My sister used to live in Sacramento so every year... sometimes twice a year we'd go to San Fran while we were visiting her! I just love coming over bay bridge and first seeing the city through the smog! Ah it kinda takes your breath away because its just so different from anything in Utah! I loved your post because I knew exactly what places and things you were talking about! So fuN!