November 4, 2008

down to earth.

MERRY: Halloween. This year's Halloween costumes I got in touch with my earthy side. The night before Halloween I went to a couples Halloween party. My date and I were Mother Earth and Father Time. Mostly my outfit consisted of lots of fake flowers, leaves, and anything else earthy. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.

Halloween night rolled around and by 9 pm my friends and I didn't have a costume yet. There were four of us and we wanted to do something together. Strength in numbers. So the first thing that popped into my mind, naturally, was the four seasons. After being mother earth the night before, the earth and its offerings were on my mind. So we decided it was easy enough to do. I was Spring, Kylie was Summer, Mary Jane was Fall (she has red hair so obviously she is going to be fall, it was a big success), and Sarah was Winter. For getting ready in about ten minutes and only using what we had lying around in our apartments, it turned out pretty well. My costume turned out to be quite practical because it started raining and what do you know.. Spring loves the rain. It created rain. It is rain. I was wearing a rain coat and rain boots and had an umbrella. I stayed dry the whole night. Except when we went to a dance that turned out to be the hottest thing of my life. And no I am not talking about hot as in there were hot people and hot dance moves and hot as in sexy.. I mean hot as in the temperature. As in it was hot as hades down there. My coat did a good job of retaining all the moisture that my body was trying to release. SWEATY. not just me, but everyone. So I guess that made it less awkward for everyone. Overall though it was fun to see a bunch of funny costumes and enjoy the Halloween spirit. A spooktacular evening, to say the least. and another merry holiday.

1 comment:

Brad and Kimberly said...

That is a great idea! But who was this date you speak of? anyone significant?