March 7, 2011

moving.

Harold and I have finally found out where we will be moving (for Harold's job) after we get married!! Want to know where..??

....

I'll give you a hint:


It borders a very large body of water (an ocean, a lake, what could it be???

...

It's in the south (getting warmer, literally)

...

It's know for these:

(photo from the actual place)
....

figure it out yet?

....

well if you guessed:

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA

then you are correct!!!

That's right folks, come this june we are headed to Pensacola, Florida.  We were not expecting this at all (we were told we would most likely be sent to one of three places and this wasn't on the list), but we are very excited to head south and enjoy the beach! sounds more like an extended honeymoon to me.

Well after hearing about this great news, I have been doing some research on this place, where it is, and what it is close to. Here is a map to give you some reference:

(the red dot)

We will be right along the Gulf of Mexico, and it looks like Alabama will be our next door neighbor with Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana all close by.
Sounds like home to my Southern Man.

We will be 3 hours from New Orleans.
6 hours from Harold's home town in Monroe, Louisiana.
8 hours to Savannah, Georgia- which I hear is quite a beautiful place.
and less than an hour to Alabama and just a couple more to get to Mississippi.
but most importantly, we are a mere 7 hours away from THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER (harry potter theme park). That is quicker than a trip to Cali. You better believe I will be making the trek to go here. can. not. wait. (hp fans, invited to join me in my travels).

Basically I am stoked to be moving here and excited for our adventures to start! And remember visitors are most definitely welcome, so if any of you friends out there need a little beach time and some rays, come join the fun in Pensacola, Florida (wow, sounds like I should be a tour guide there or something, wonder if they're hiring.?.)

I think this news of living in warm weather and close to a beach is making this dreary winter day much more bearable. cheers to the sun!

10 comments:

Erica Tanner said...

looks like you will be needing a disneyworld season pass!! and you won't have to pay 500+ to fly to florida to leave on fun cruises! you can just hop on one! lucky buns!

caseyandmelody said...

YAY!! Ok so we might need to meet up with you guys in New Orleans...or if I can ever convince Casey to go to my DREAM world of Harry Potter....

Kat said...

awesome!! sounds like just the right adventure for you guys! So happy for you.

Ashley Bernal said...

Yay, thats awesome Kelly!! You will LOVE living in the south. Its a wonderful place:)

Hayley Baum said...

woohoo! Welcome to the south! If we head back to GA, we'll be super close.

Warning: Bugs and humidity. Get ready to swass your way through life (and garments make it extra special.) Ohh what you have to look forward to! ;)

PS is harold still coming out for that wedding? Are you going with him? My place is still up for grabs

Carter Connection said...

love florida. this makes me jealous but i'll just have to come visit!! so excited for your girl.

Carter Connection said...

p.s. this is katie. signed into one of brandon's email accounts. oops!

Michelle and Brady said...

Yeah!!! how fun! so kip we might just be living close to each other!! schools for us next year include... Savannah Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Texas, and so on!!! I can't wait! Oh i miss my kiplin!! I am so happy for you!

Lindsey S. said...

Florida would be so fun! Excited for you two. Somewhere warm sounds really good right about now!!

adam and jess said...

harry potter world!!!!!!