February 23, 2011

what to see, and not to see

Here's a list of movies I have seen recently. and my opinions.

SEE: Temple Grandin


This movie is fantastic.  It is based on a true story of an autistic woman who is an animal behaviorist that has a big hand in helping the cattle industry, as well as her issues of being autistic during a time when know one really understood it. It is such an interesting film and so insightful in trying to understand autism.  The movie was well made and Claire Danes acting is superb.  Not your typical film, but give it a chance and I think you'll like it.


DON'T SEE: Unknown


If you were like me and thinking this recently released film would be almost like the sequel to Taken, it's most definitely not.  Very anti-climactic and Liam Neeson is half the man he was in Taken.  The whole movie I felt like I was waiting for it to get good and exciting.. and then it ended and I was still waiting. And it didn't help that the acting was that great either.  I'd say save your $9 and wait 'til the dollar theater or redbox. 


SEE: Evita


Harold and I watched this a month or so ago but it is a fantastic movie.  Based on the musical Evita by Andrew Lloyd Webber.  If there is one thing you should know about me is that I love Mr. Webber and his musical talents- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is an absolute favorite of mine. So it came to no surprise that I would enjoy another one of his works.  Plus it is based on the true story of Evita which is very interesting.  A poor girl that makes her way to the top of the social class and ends up as wife to Argentina's president.  The people love her and she does a lot to help them.  Great music, great story, and an overall great film.  It's a true musical so there is really hardly any talking at all- everything is sung.  Oh and did I mention MADONNA is Evita.  She does a great job.

That's all folks. 
Next on the list to see: Never Say Never. We'll see if I catch the fever.

3 comments:

Erica Tanner said...

we saw it last weekend. loved it. some pretty funny creative scenes with justin's hair and such. you leave feeling like he is your best friend.

adam and jess said...

What a bummer that unknown was a dud! We were really wanting to see that one but I guess we'll wait for redbox. Also, if you wanna see never say never then I'm your girl! I got a fever and the only prescription is more beiber!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellee!!! I'm so glad I found your blog. I keep your announcement religiously on my blog because I think you and you hub are beautiful. And I have to say that Never Say Never was the best movie of the year. And my husband is mad about it :) Hope all is well!!