March 11, 2011

agassi v. sampras

If there is one thing that Harold and his family loves it is Tennis. Which is why it came to no surprise that Harold and his buddy Kent bought tickets half a year ago to the Agassi v. Sampras exhibition match in New York City, and lucky for me I got a ticket too.  So last week Harold and I headed to New York to see some of the tennis greats (for the record, Agassi is Harold's favorite player) and hang out with Harold's best friend Kent.  I didn't take a lot of pics of us around the city because I did a lot of that last summer, but I did manage to get some pics of us at the tennis match.

Agassi and Sampras on the court @ Madison Square Gardens



Mcenroe and Lendl played first.. more tennis greats

Andre Agassi. Harold's all-time favorite sport's player
Agassi v.
Sampras

I like this picture because you see Agassi looking up with the rest of the crowd watching the video that they played of clips from the past games they had. Quite a history these two share.


die hard fans. harold and kent- best friends



thumbs up is always cool.. and Kent is that some sort of gang sign?



PASSION.


Agassi and Sampras after the match. unfortunately Sampras won..



cute.

It was a great game and so cool to see the retired pros play. I especially loved watching Harold get so excited about it all- like a kid in a candy store. Since dating Harold I have been to a lot of his matches and have started to understand and appreciate the sport.  It's so exciting to watch and when there is a long rally I feel like I am holding my breath until the point is won. And then there is the whole mental game that is such a huge factor in this sport- which has been something that has really interested me.  It all makes me eager to become a better tennis player and keep getting taught by my man.  

We had a great time in New York and this was definitely the highlight. 

3 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

AHHHH! I am so jealous! I just keep reminding myself one day we'll be there, one day!

And Kent, we haven't seen that guy in a long time!

P.S. You are ALWAYS looking so dang cute!

Michelle and Brady said...

How fun kip!!! you look darling in the pictures! miss you love!

Mairin said...

Hey your nails look gweat.