February 9, 2011

the story.

Thanks to my soon to be sister, Mary Martha, she was able to capture some great pictures of me and Harold's engagement.  Before the pics I'll share a quick version of the story..

February 1, 2011: Harold and I had made plans to go to dinner for my birthday because I was going to miss it due to a business trip.  While on his way to pick me up he suggest this great little restaurant up in Heber called The Spicy Lady, where we have gone before.  He told me there was a guy playing a guitar that night and it should be a fun time. However he made it very clear that it was my birthday and my choice and so if I didn't want to no pressure.
Well the guy knew me too well and knew that I would definitely go along with it.
So up the Provo Canyon we go!
In the car ride I bring up my trip to Houston and what he is going to do while I am gone.  He tells me he is going to go hunting and then casually "remembers" that he needs to get his gun and that if we have time could we stop in Wallsburg, where his family's ranch is, to get his gun.
The only if we have time convinced me and I didn't think anything of it.
So as we are getting closer to Wallsburg I tell him that we will have time and may as well stop before dinner to get it. 
So easy for this guy.. I mean I suggested that we stop. He didn't even have to convince me to stop before.
Well we pull up to the ranch and I notice there is a light on inside but again I just think someone forgot to turn out the lights.
completely oblivious.
We get out of the car and are walking to the door and as we approach it, I can see through the windows on each side, all the splendor within.
candles. hundreds of them.
roses everywhere.
petals all over the ground.
giant pictures of us blown up real big.
and a giant sign that says "will you marry me?"
Well at this point I finally caught on. go figure.
We entered the house and as we get inside he says he has a question to ask me..
I wonder if it is the same one on that extra large sign, hanging from the ceiling?
Well my man got down on his knee, pulled out the ring and asked me for my hand.
ahhhhhhhhhhh.
I said yes. 
and we kissed, laughed, hugged, and carried on. 
It was very surreal and I couldn't believe that I was actually engaged.

Oh, and did I mention he had a whole dinner ready waiting for us- martinelli's and all?
It was the best "birthday dinner date" ever.


After our special moment I was informed that Mary Martha had lit all the candles so she was hiding in her car behind the barn whilst he was asking me. So after we had our moment she drove out and came in and took pictures of everything. Here's just some of the pics of our little "engagement photo shoot"















the reenactment

It was the most amazing evening. 

I love him.


-love, the future Mrs. Abell

11 comments:

Mary Martha said...

whoa! the Mrs. Abell part threw me off. That's awesome! love you dear. You're wonderful. Yall make a perfect. It was fun being at the engagement party where everyone agreed. Love you!

Cason and Marie said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! and so very romantic! Looks like you found yourself a good one Kell. So happy for you guys! Congrats again!!

katie beth said...

oh my goodness... this is just perfect. i am so incredibly genuinely happy for you kell. the 'mrs. abell' thing genuinely made me sigh out loud. you look absolutely stunning my dear! love you so much.

Sarah Orme said...

Your prose were perfectly sincere and so adorable. I could never give you away to anyone less deserving.

I am so happy for you both.

Welcome to the family Hal.

Sarah

Erica Tanner said...

Love it. and your coat. and Mrs. Abell.. Crazy! When is the date? And we need a pic of the ring!

Jenny said...

So CUTE and so EXCITING! I've been wanting to just text you for the details, but I held back because I thought this might be coming. Also, I can't believe that your birthday passed without jokes about that one time in San Francisco :). My bad.

Brandon and Katie said...

Ahhhhhhh soooo cuuute! You dont even look blind in these pictures my friend. Haha where the heck did that 'blind' thing come from anyway? Such a random inside joke. You two really are darling. So excited!!

Kat said...

you are beautiful, Kel. Seriously. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Jared and Lauren said...

Ah I love it! You guys are so cute together!

Annie said...

So wonderful! And how great is it that you look fabulous in every single picture? Hip Hip...

Megan said...

Congratulations!! this is so cute. he did an amazing job! I'm so excited for you. You will be a gorgeous bride for sure!