May 17, 2010

Taking a bite out of the Big Apple..

literally.

For those of you wondering what I am doing out here in NYC apart from my internship, well turns out I am most likely eating. Can you blame me when there are so many amazing places to eat out here? I'm like a kid in a candy story trying to pick one candy, but of course wanting them all. It seems that so often the first thing I think about after work is not what club, show, or activity I want to go to but rather it's all about where am I going to go for dinner??? The options are endless out here. Unfortunately my wallet isn't as excited about eating out as I am so I have to get thrifty sometimes and buy stuff at the grocery store. Luckily there is a Fairway close to where I live (New York's version of a Smith's) and while it has pretty good prices, I still end up paying a pretty penny for my groceries. One small box of cereal was almost 5 DOLLARS. I didn't even dare look at the price of a family size. No wonder people don't have a lot of kids here- my family of 9 would've starved. But luckily I've managed to scrape up a few free lunches at work- and if you thought you appreciated free lunch, well it's a whole new ball game out here- it's like getting manna from heaven. My girl Rebbie wrote a witty post on this phenomenon of free meals.

(back in September when we ate at Max Brenner- notice that huge choco-peanut butter sundae)

Some recent faves out here have included La Esquina- an authentic taco shop that puts Diego's to shame. Amy's bread- a tiny little bakery that smells (and tastes) almost as good as an authentic French bakery. A sandwich shop that the king of sandwiches, andy, showed me. Max Brenner- a chocolate lover's dream, aka, my dreamland. And this precious little Italian place called Pusticci where you can eat outside under lights draped around- so romantic, trust me. wink wink.

Speaking of food and free things- it's bagel monday at the office so I best be off to enjoy my free bagel. I live for bagel mondays- it makes Mondays not so bad. Here at Y & R, Tuesday is the new Monday.

4 comments:

Bad Grammar - Good Design said...

If you want to eat the best pizza outside of Italy go to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn and get the margarita pizza. Its the best! I think about it often.

志其 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb and Chad Crowther said...

So fun! Add Pinkberry to your list of places to eat in NYC...yum! Have lots of fun. Wish I were there with you...NYC is one of my favorite places. Bryant Park is my favorite spot in the city...an escape from the madness and fun to watch all the cute old men play chess. :) Be good! wink wink

Mary Martha said...

You go girl! Eat away deary. You can afford a few pounds. Expensive though I know.