May 2, 2010

It's about time..

..I posted about what I've been doing as of late, how I graduated college, moved out of the candy shoppe and moved to NYC. So ya kind of crazy that I am now a college graduate. I remember being a little freshman in the dorms and never thinking that life existed past college, and yet here I am graduated and working in the big city, trying to get my career started. Life's quite unexpected isn't it. But I am happy and grateful to be a college grad. I'll miss taking classes and being on cougar campus but at some point the cougar has to leave its den.. ok, not really sure cougars live in dens but that analogy was for all my favorite cougs out there, you know who you are. Anyways to make a long, 4-year story short, I graduated from BYU with a degree in Communications, emphasis advertising. The ceremony wasn't too long and I got to sit next to some of my besties and I actually have some pictures to show, thanks to my fellow grad, friend and photographer, Kylie Nixon:
me and some of the besties- also that is the graduation skirt I sewed!

me and some lovely ladies in my major

here is proof that you can live with your best friend all throughout college and still remain best friends. BFF.

Well two days after graduation I moved to NYC to start my advertising internship at Y & R. I started this past wednesday and so far i am really liking my internship. They've really put me to work and I feel like I am doing useful things and learning a lot. But now to the good stuff- the city is amazing. It is just such a fun place with a variety of people and things to do and places to eat. I've eaten at a lot of really good places and look forward to eating at more as long as the budget can handle it.. This is just a basic run down of what's going down in the city but I'm going to commit to be better at writing on this blog and writing about what I am doing in the big apple! So stay tuned for some more interesting and exciting posts about what I am doing in New York...

5 comments:

Sarah Orme said...

worst picture of the two of us ever...mostly just me but i'm pleased as punch to make your blog and to tell the blogging world as well that best friends, true best friends, only enrich each others lives while living together. Don't worry...mandi and I planed our first trip together..she and i were 40 w/o any money but somehow we all ended up in europe.

TODD + ANNIE said...

What the....I didn't know you were moving that fast! How fun!! Congrats on graduating. You are the cutest girl ever, have a blast!!!

Katie said...

Congrats, kellee! I can't wait to read about your NY adventures. I'll be reading intently from the AdLab.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

What about our show at Lagoon? You didn't even say bye! :(

Jared and Lauren said...

Congratulations on graduating! I'm jealous. I LOVE your skirt. It's so cute. You are very talented!!