February 28, 2010

n is for narwhal

Ok so is everyone aware that narwhal's exist? Weird, dolphin-like animals with giant unicornish horns sticking out of their heads. They look like this:


all for one, one for all.

So I mean I guess I've heard of them before and figured they were real but seeing a picture of them makes me feel like they are an animal that should be studied in a Care of Magical Creatures class (Harry Potter reference for the uncultured). By the looks of it, it must be hard to get around without poking something, including a fellow narwhal. According to wikipedia those long pokey things are actually a tooth! That's the last time any of us should worry about having pointy k-9's. Anyways I stumbled across these little guys and thought they were quite humorous and interesting. I'm hoping that maybe Planet Earth will do an episode on them..

p.s. remember when I said I'd post pictures from st. george trip at the gma's 80th? well here's one I got with the precious baby ava and I. It's just one pic but baby steps people...

cutest niece ever.

4 comments:

mandi winterton said...

oh i feel sheepish. is it k-9 teeth. i have been thinking it was canine teeth. and now i see that is referencing a dog and might not be correct.

Christy said...

I made a narwhal design for work but it was rejected. I think they thought it wasn't a real creature. Of course the unicorn made it in... I'm determined to get a narwhal in somewhere though. And my, what a cute baby!

The Tay-Hoo Kid said...

you love team Narwhale

Mary Martha said...

your niece is adoreable. almost as cute as my nephews. I love the 'merry happy'. It's a great description of you--even at 4 in the morning with the alarm going off