October 14, 2009

winner winner chicken dinner.

kellee the cook.  That is what I expect to be called now after I realized that my last name had a much more literal meaning- ya, I can cook.  Okay so I might be sounding a little pretentious by saying this and I realize that after one successful home-cooked meal made by yours truly does not in fact make me a chef, however, I was quite excited to make a meal from scratch and have it turn out- and turn out yummy.  

This new excitement for cooking came from after too many days of really bad eating habits.  After feeling malnutritioned and my body lacking in some serious essential vitamins, I decided I was going to change this.  So I turned to the dear martha stewart for some good chicken recipes, since I had a bag full of frozen chicken breasts, and of course she pulled through.  I picked a few I liked and Monday night I made a cayenne-rubbed chicken with avocado salsa.  Yes, it's as good as the name sounds.  I'm a sucker for anything with avocado in it.  Anyways the recipe really wasn't that hard and didn't take too long to make either.  


So if anyone is looking for a yummy chicken recipe here is the link:

*for the salsa I recommend a small red onion and 2 avocados. but that's just me. 

Overall the dinner was yummy, healthy (mostly), and easy.  So to all those malnutritioned, lacking-in-vitamins, unhealthy, or just wanting to eat some yummy food individuals, I recommend this recipe.  enjoy!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Alright, now make me a sandwich.

Cason and Marie said...

Yumma Yumma!! I love new recipes!

Chelsey said...

Come on Kel, get your act together and update this blog. Sheesh.

JordanGuy said...

I wish you would make these fantastic dishes for me and then for desert a little pumpkin soup . . .

Camy and Jimmy said...

You are so adorable! I as well am trying to start blogging more often... ha... we shall see!