October 12, 2009

bad habit.

Today I asked a kid in my class to borrow a pen and like any good fellow classmate, he lent me one of his pens.  It was just a typical bic pen (with lid)- you know the kind that are cheap and always on sale during the back to school rush, but I was grateful nonetheless.  Turns out, however, that my bad habit got the best of me and my gratitude was soon covered up by all the spit I put on the lid of his pen.  Yes, I started to chew on his pen- so much that it cracked the lid in multiple places.  

At the first crack I looked over next to me to see if he noticed, luckily he didn't but the girl behind him did and she laughed.  So I told myself to stop chewing and maybe he won't notice.  Well no more than a minute later I was chewing that pen again like a dog with a chew toy.  I hadn't even noticed that I brought the pen up to my mouth again.  It's so much a habit that I don't even notice until the lid has been destroyed and spit is everywhere.  sounds gross, I know.  If only I could be one of those sexy girls who chew on their pens ever so lightly with their sultry lips.  Well anyways, after I proceeded to gnaw on his pen, I again realized what I was doing. crap. He's going to be so disgusted.  I slyly looked over again and he wasn't paying attention to me or the mutilated pen. phew.  Looking at the pen I knew he'd probably not want it back, so as class got out I quickly put the pen in my backpack and left before he had a chance to remember that he lent me the pen.  Sounds awful that I would steal a pen from someone who so graciously lent me theirs but I think I was doing him a favor in this case.  However, if he does come asking for it again, I think I can splurge the 2.49 and buy him an entire pack.

Either way I really need to stop this bad habit.  It's gross and it forces me to steal pens.  Sorry classmate. 

(this girls got the sultry pen look down)
p.s. anyone have any good tips on stopping bad habits?

6 comments:

Hayley Baum said...

I do that habit too. The lid is the best part, so usually I just take the lid off and its not so tempting. OR put that bitter nail polish on them to deter you. OR the easy route-- buy yourself some pens that are metal that you can't chew. OR even easier-- just buy yourself pens that you can chew and give up on stopping. But seriously-- think of the germs, girl!

rebecca said...

hahaha. this is awesome. way to go. the dangerous part of taking the lid of is then if you still go for it and gnaw the end off then pen you now also have ink all over your slobbery face. ergo de facto.. leave the lid on.

The Tay-Hoo Kid said...

You're a thief and it makes me sick.

Meg Duffy said...

that girl looks like a vampire. said me.

Sarah Orme said...

how to stop...maybe you should get a really annoying roommate that tells you what to do. That helps with all problems, including weird gag noises.

to those who read the comments. Kel does not just chew on the pens. She puts them in the back of her mouth, on the molars, so much so that half of the pen is gone. It so funny.

Chelsey said...

I stole a pen from your house a few days ago that I gnawed on. I consider it an act of refinery. Those gams of yours will always distract from an inky drool.