September 28, 2009

These streets will make you feel brand new..


I'm back from this wonderful place:


NEW YORK CITY.

Obviously I had a good time.  Between spending time at Advertising Week and visiting 9 different advertising agencies, all day and every day was devoted to advertising.  It was great t to learn some interesting things and get a real insight to what the industry is like and what working in an agency is really like.  

Basically:

Modern, hip work place + art school/fashionable/hipster-indie dressed kids + late start in the mornings +  really late nights + everything and everyone brimming with creativity = ad agency

..now throw all that in with a big city like New York and you have got a glimpse of my future.

So besides all the advertising mumbo jumbo, I loved walking (basically running) through the city and soaking in the New York vibe and city life.  The theme song of our trip which is my recent favorite song describes it best:

"In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do,
Now you're in New York,
These streets will make you feel brand new,
big lights will inspire you,
let's here it for New York, New York, New York"

I couldn't of said it better myself Jay-Z and Alicia.  (which is why I copied and pasted your lyrics) 

Let's here it for New York. 

3 comments:

Maren said...

I bet you guys had a blast! Did you guys visit an ad agency called Studio Case?

Jenny said...

Jealous! You should start working there soon so I can come visit.

Hayley Baum said...

I know you wanna be a big city woman- but SERIOUSLY contemplate jobs in RALEIGH :) You'll love it. And I will be there all the while to take care of my baby kellee.